It’s all in the details: how to keep your car looking new with car-detailingBy Kijiji Autos
A detailing is first of all a deeper cleaning than a usual car wash, that not only removes visible dirt, but also grime and build-up that can damage your car over time. This is an important step in routine car maintenance that should be done every four to six months to keep your car in optimal condition and prevent expensive wear and tear from occurring later. A thorough detailing offers a variety of benefits that both improve the appearance and value of your car, lengthen its lifespan and keep it safe to drive. If you’re looking to sell your car, it is also a great investment that instantly raises the sale value of your vehicle. After all, you want it to look its best when you show it to prospective buyers! If you’ve just bought a new car yourself, a detailing can give it that bright new look you want.
The Steps of Detailing
There are different options you can choose from when you have your car detailed, depending on your budget and needs.
· The most important step may be the paint care. Detailing the exterior of the car cleans build-up off the metal body, which helps to preserve the paint, which in turn protects the metal and prevents rust from taking hold. A finish with a sealer or glaze, and then car wax provides extra protective layers that help the car’s clear coat of paint to fend off harmful contaminants. A good detailing job also helps to correct any imperfections in your vehicle’s paint, giving it a shiny new look.
· Also vital, detailing the chassis and wheels especially helps to lengthen the lifespan of your car, as these areas are particularly prone to picking up dirt and salt from the road.
· The exterior trim can polished for a sleek look, and headlights and taillights will be properly cleaned and buffed. This step is particularly important as dirt or grime on your lights can cut down on visibility and lead to unsafe driving conditions.
· Car interior cleaning gives it that pristine, fresh feel, cleaning away any dirt, dust, stains and odors. Leather seats may be conditioned as well as the dashboard to prevent cracking and wear.
· Detailing the engine bay helps to remove build-up for a bright and clean look, and keeps rubber and plastic components supple to decrease wear and tear.
How To Pick A Detailer
Finding the right detailing location is key to getting a quality car cleaning. Check each businesses reviews to see what customers are saying, or ask friends who they might recommend. Price is often an important aspect, and you can expect to pay from $100 up to $500 or more for detailing, but try to opt for quality over savings, as this is an investment in your valuable vehicle! You can check to see if your car’s dealership offers detailing options at a preferential price as well.
Easily find your next ride on Kijiji AutosSearch now
10 tips to help make the road a better and happier place
We have all, at some point, been responsible for making the roadways stressful in one way or another. Alternatively, we are all equally capable of making the road a happier place. Let’s explore 10 unique ways we can help make the driving experience better again, for everyone's sake.
10 great road trips in Canada
Living in one of the biggest countries in the world, it's pretty common to hear the open road calling. From the Rocky Mountains to the Gentle Island, the Great Lakes to the Badlands, grab your favourite gas station snacks, press play on your driving playlist and hit the road.
10 eco-driving tips that can help you save money and reduce your carbon footprint
With rising gas prices, carbon taxes on fuel and concerns about climate change, many Canadians are wondering how to save gas when driving. Experts recommend adopting eco-driving techniques that can help you save money and fuel. Read on to discover 10 of them:
Tips to budget for car maintenance costs
Vehicle ownership requires more than the ability to operate a car; it requires a keen sense of budgeting and maintenance. Kijiji Autos helps you understand and prepare for the average cost of car maintenance to keep you ahead on the finances and your car driving on the road.
What to consider if you have noisy brakes
One of the most common signs that a vehicle requires an inspection is squeaky brakes or excessive noise when braking. If you notice your vehicle’s brakes squealing, the problems can range from minor to significant issues.
Canada’s happiest cities to drive in
New data reveals the best cities to drive in and which residents are the happiest on the roads.
Common ways to clean leather car seats
Dirty and damaged seats can really impact the value of your vehicle. On the other hand, a well-maintained leather interior can keep your car looking fresh for many years.
Common ways to remove scratches from car paint
So, you discovered a scratch on your car. Now what? Here are some tips on identifying scratches, picking and using a car scratch remover for your needs and when to leave it to the experts.
Premium vs. regular gas: Common considerations
Maybe you wondered if premium gas is necessary or worth the extra money. Learn which could be t best for your vehicle below.
Electric car maintenance and cost: everything you need to know
You might be wondering just how much it costs to own an electric vehicle. Here are some answers to common questions about maintaining, charging and owning an electric car.