It’s all in the details: how to keep your car looking new with car-detailingBy Kijiji Autos
A detailing is first of all a deeper cleaning than a usual car wash, that not only removes visible dirt, but also grime and build-up that can damage your car over time. This is an important step in routine car maintenance that should be done every four to six months to keep your car in optimal condition and prevent expensive wear and tear from occurring later. A thorough detailing offers a variety of benefits that both improve the appearance and value of your car, lengthen its lifespan and keep it safe to drive. If you’re looking to sell your car, it is also a great investment that instantly raises the sale value of your vehicle. After all, you want it to look its best when you show it to prospective buyers! If you’ve just bought a new car yourself, a detailing can give it that bright new look you want.
The Steps of Detailing
There are different options you can choose from when you have your car detailed, depending on your budget and needs.
· The most important step may be the paint care. Detailing the exterior of the car cleans build-up off the metal body, which helps to preserve the paint, which in turn protects the metal and prevents rust from taking hold. A finish with a sealer or glaze, and then car wax provides extra protective layers that help the car’s clear coat of paint to fend off harmful contaminants. A good detailing job also helps to correct any imperfections in your vehicle’s paint, giving it a shiny new look.
· Also vital, detailing the chassis and wheels especially helps to lengthen the lifespan of your car, as these areas are particularly prone to picking up dirt and salt from the road.
· The exterior trim can polished for a sleek look, and headlights and taillights will be properly cleaned and buffed. This step is particularly important as dirt or grime on your lights can cut down on visibility and lead to unsafe driving conditions.
· Car interior cleaning gives it that pristine, fresh feel, cleaning away any dirt, dust, stains and odors. Leather seats may be conditioned as well as the dashboard to prevent cracking and wear.
· Detailing the engine bay helps to remove build-up for a bright and clean look, and keeps rubber and plastic components supple to decrease wear and tear.
How To Pick A Detailer
Finding the right detailing location is key to getting a quality car cleaning. Check each businesses reviews to see what customers are saying, or ask friends who they might recommend. Price is often an important aspect, and you can expect to pay from $100 up to $500 or more for detailing, but try to opt for quality over savings, as this is an investment in your valuable vehicle! You can check to see if your car’s dealership offers detailing options at a preferential price as well.
Easily find your next ride on Kijiji AutosSearch now
How to take care of your hybrid or electric vehicle
Hybrid and electric vehicles have proven to work wonders when it comes to lowering greenhouse gas emissions, but they still need proper care and maintenance to run properly. If you own or are considering buying an eco-friendly car, here are some ways to keep your vehicle in peak...
How to plan a classic Canadian road trip in your hybrid or electric car
From the Atlantic seaboard to the vast expanse of the Pacific ocean, the beauty of Canada's landscape has beckoned drivers to explore the country, inspiring some of the most epic road trips. If you want to add your name to the growing list of cross-country travelers, here's how you can prepare...
5 simple things to check before your next winter road trip
Whether you're planning your family's next big winter road trip or simply want to prepare your car for winter driving, it's important to know what to look for. Make sure to check these five frequently overlooked elements to ensure that your car is ready to complete a winter journey safely. Your...
Tackling your first winter of driving in Canada
To say Canada has some pretty drastic weather changes over one calendar year is an understatement. Summer driving here is much like the rest of the world, but our winters are a whole different experience. If the upcoming winter driving season is your first, here are some tips on how to make the...
How to prepare for driving in the snow
Whether you've recently moved provinces or are gearing up for your first winter behind the wheel, driving in the snow can often be an unnerving experience. It takes a special approach and lots of patience to get comfortable driving on slippery surfaces. These tips are designed to help you master...
How to maintain your car's engine during the winter
If you want a safe and smooth driving experience during the harsh winter months, a well-maintained engine is essential. Fortunately, a little bit of effort goes a long way. Here are our top tips to help you keep your engine running smoothly through the snowy months. Your well-being remains our...
Tips to lengthen your car's lifespan without overspending
Whether you're saving up for something special or trying to be more wary of daily costs, living on a budget can be difficult. Owning a vehicle can make matters even more complicated thanks to rising fuel costs and potential repairs. Is there an easy way to guarantee that your car operates...
What are glow plugs and what do they do?
You might hear the term glow plug and immediately think that it's just a fancy name for ""spark plug"", and a mechanic is trying to make your car trouble sound worse than it is. But don't be misled: spark plugs and glow plugs (also spelled ""glowplugs"" or ""glow-plugs"") are actually different.
How does your car's electrical system work?
Cars have been so integral to our lives that we tend to take for granted how they work. We know a car needs gas, but we barely spend any time learning about the very thing that keeps the car running: the car's electrical system. Your well-being remains our top priority. Please seriously consider...
What do my car’s safety features actually do?
With every passing year, safety systems in vehicles continue to become increasingly complex. New cars now come standard with a number of safety features that would have been considered premium add-ons only a few years prior. While some newly developed innovations are still optional—for the time...